Respondent Fields allow assessment authors to collect respondent demographic data that can help identify respondents, group and filter report data, and limit the data that supervisors can view and interact with when viewing results.
Respondent fields enable the collection of customized demographic information from respondents that complete assessments created in the current workspace. Brillium workspaces come with several default fields already enabled including first name, last name, and email address.
By default, email address serves as the unique identification for each respondent, although this can be changed to suit any unique requirements or to provide respondent anonymity. For example, in the case of Anonymous assessments, a random ID is automatically created for each Respondent.
The only respondent field truly required is one that can individually identify and associate an assessment result with a particular respondent attempt (whether anonymous or not). All other Respondent Fields serve to capture demographic or reporting data used within assessments and to analyze respondent results. The default first name, last name, and email address fields are not required and new fields can be defined to satisfy a particular use case. Up to 20 custom respondent fields can be defined for each workspace.
To create a Respondent field:
- Select the settings icon.
- Select respondent fields from the dropdown.
- Select the edit icon next to a Respondent field identified as CUST1 through CUST20.
- Enter a display name to identify this Respondent field. For example, region or job role.
- Choose the display and selection requirements.
- Not required means respondents may leave the field blank and proceed to the assessment.
- Required means the field may not be left blank in order to proceed.
- Hidden field means the field will not be displayed on screen but may still accept data from another system via a Brillium invitation, assessment web link, or Brillium integration method.
- Displayed field means the field will be displayed on screen after accepting data via a Brillium invitation, assessment web link, or Brillium integration method.
- Select the case preference. If field values should be saved with a particular case preference, select the desired option. Data will be converted to the selected case after the respondent enters it prior to being saved.
- Select the desired field type.
- Enter a default value if the respondent leaves the field blank. This can be useful in cases where the intention is to export respondent data and later import that data to another system that cannot accept a blank value.
- Save the changes to make the respondent field active and available.