Use the following method to hide one or more reports from one or more sub-accounts. You can specify which sub-accounts are affected by creating a regular expression pattern to match against.
Important! This method of hiding reports is only available to Server Edition customers, as it requires editing a file on the Brillium server. If you are a hosted (or SaaS) customer, you will not be able to make the required changes.
Perform the following steps to hide reports from selected sub-accounts:
- Locate or create a "custom" folder under the "Web" folder of your Brillium installation location. If the "Web\custom" folder does not exist, you will need to create it.
- Locate or create an XML file named "CustomReportDefinitions.xml" within the "Web\custom" folder. Again, if this file does not exist, you will need to create it using a program like Windows Notepad.
- Open the "CustomReportDefinitions.xml" file in Notepad or your preferred text editor to edit it.
- Below is an example, in blue, of a file with a single exclusion in it. In this example, we are excluding the sub-accounts of "SALES" and "MARKETING" from the Respondent Row/Column Analysis report.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>In the example above, please note the following attributes in the "Exclusion" tag.
<Exclusion id="90001" reportid="RespRowColumn"
context="Account" regex="^(SALES|MARKETING)$" />
The "id" attribute should be a unique number for the exclusion rule. We recommend starting with the number "90001" and counting up. So, the next exclusion rule would have an "id" of "90002" and so on.
The "reportid" attribute should match the ID of the report you are trying to exclude. If you are not sure what this is, open the "ReportDefinitions.xml" file in the "Web\reports" folder of your installation. The ID of the report is within the XML "Report" tag as an attribute named "id".
The "context" attribute should either be the word "Account" or "Assessment" depending on whether you are trying to limit access to the report from the account or the assessment respectively. Most of the time you are trying to limit access by an account, and you can leave this set to "Account".
Lastly, the "regex" attribute should be a valid regular expression pattern that will match the account(s) you are trying to limit access for. There is a wealth of information on the Internet on how to construct a regular expression. We recommend the following site: http://www.regular-expressions.info/
- Once you have the required exclusions specified, save the file and check to make sure the exclusion is functional. You would typically do this by signing into the account being limited and making sure the report being excluded is no longer listed within the Report Center report listing.
Below is another example of a "CustomReportDefinitions.xml" file where reports are being excluded for some sub-accounts.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Exclusion id="90001" reportid="AssessPrint"
context="Account" regex="^(PARTNER)[A-Z0-9\-]+$" />
<Exclusion id="90002" reportid="RespScoreBasicAnalysis"
context="Account" regex="^(PARTNER|CUST)[A-Z0-9\-]+$" />
<Exclusion id="90003" reportid="RespSummary"
context="Assessment" regex="^(2015\-)[A-Z0-9\-]+$" />
<Exclusion id="90004" reportid="RespRowColumn"
context="Assessment" regex="^[A-Z0-9\-]+(\-PRE)$" /> </Exclusions>
In the example above, the following exclusions rules are being applied.
- Sub-accounts with ID's the start with the characters "PARTNER" are being restricted from running the Assessment Printout report.
- Sub-accounts with ID's that start with either "PARTNER" or "CUST" are being restricted from running the Respondent Score Basic Analysis report.
- When accessing the Report Center for assessments with ID's that start with "2015-", the Respondent Summary report will not be shown in the listing and cannot be run.
- When accessing the Report Center for assessments with ID's that end with "-PRE", the Respondent Row/Column Analysis report will not be shown in the listing and cannot be run.
If you have further questions about excluding reports with this mechanism, please reach out to Brillium Support.