Learn how to create and configure Brillium Respondent Fields to capture respondent demographic data with Brillium Assessments.
- Respondent fields enable the collection of customized demographic information from respondents that complete assessments created in this workspace.
- Brillium Workspaces come with several fields already enabled, including: first name, last name, and email address.
- By default, email address serves as the Unique Identifier for each respondent, although, this can be changed to suit any unique requirement or to provide respondent anonymity.
- The only truly required is one that can individually identify an assessment result.
- The default fields mentioned previously are not required, and new fields can be defined to satisfy a particular use case.
- Up to to 20 custom respondent fields can be defined for each workspace.
- Select the Settings icon
- Select Respondent Fields
- Select the Edit icon next to a custom field identified as CUST1 - CUST20
- Enter a Display Name to identify the custom field (i.e. Region, Job Role)
- Select an option for Requirements
- Not Required - respondents may leave the field blank and proceed to the assessment
- Required - the field may not be left blank in order to proceed
- Hidden Field - the field will not be displayed on screen but may still accept data from another system via a Brillium invitation, assessment web-link, or Brillium integration method.
- Displayed Field - the field will be displayed on screen after accepting data via a Brillium invitation, assessment web-link, or Brillium integration method.
- Select an option for Case Preference if field values should be saved with a particular case preference, select the desired option. Data will be converted to the selected Case Preference after the respondent enters it prior to being saved.
- Select the desired Field Type
- Enter a Default Value if the respondent leaves the field blank
Default Value can be useful in cases where the intention is to export respondent data and later import that data to another system that cannot accept a blank value.
- Select Save to make the Respondent Field available to assessments.
- Default Value can be useful in cases where the intention is to export respondent data and later import that data to another system that cannot accept a blank value.
- Changes to Respondent Field take affect immediately. New fields will also become immediately available to a respondent as they enter assessments created in this Workspace.